Location: South San Francisco, CA
Ambys Medicines is an early-stage biotech company researching and developing medicines that harness the natural regenerative properties of the liver for patients suffering from devastating liver diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders and a substantial collaboration with Takeda, Ambys is pioneering novel approaches to liver restoration and regeneration. The company’s core technologies of cell therapy, gene therapy, drug therapy, and unique translational models are the foundation of our research and development platform. We at Ambys believe that revolutionary medicines result from bold research, performed to the highest standards, following the biology, putting patient needs first and performed by a collaborative, committed, and curious team. We are seeking smart, creative, and motivated people to join our team and become part of the Ambys adventure.
We are seeking an innovative and highly motivated Scientist with expertise in cell therapy, human genome screening and bioinformatics to join the cell therapy team at Ambys. The individual will work as part of a multidisciplinary team to develop novel therapies to treat liver diseases using cell therapy and gene therapy strategies. Ideally, the successful candidate will have strong research background in developing human cell replacement therapy, or experience in genomic screening and bioinformatic tools. This is a lab scientist role who will be responsible for designing the study, collecting, managing, and analyzing experimental data, interpreting results, and preparing presentations for internal and external meetings, regulatory filings, and publications. Candidates should enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic team environment and be motivated to discover new breakthrough therapies for patients with severe liver disease.
- Ph.D. in a biological science discipline with 0-3 years of post-doctoral experience in a biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or academic setting
- Experience in developing human cell replacement therapy is highly desired
- Experience in library-based (e.g. CRISPR; Lenti-ORF) human genome-wide screens using cutting edge techniques; expertise in designing the screen strategy and analyzing the readout
- Good understanding in bioinformatic tools and experience working closely with bioinformatic expert
- Expertise in gene editing technologies and cell line engineering is strongly preferred
- Expertise in human stem cell differentiation especially for hepatocytes (2D or 3D) is a plus
- Contemporary expertise and broad experience in molecular biology and protein chemistry techniques is required
- Strong experimental design and troubleshooting skills, can document laboratory procedures and experiments with great attention to detail
- Excellent data analysis skills and experience with a variety of scientific software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office; Prism or JMP; Adobe Photoshop)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or in a team-oriented environment with moderate supervision
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interpret, summarize, and present scientific results in a clear, concise, accurate manner to both technical and non-technical audiences