We Are Genetic Navigators bringing together passionate, creative and dedicated professionals to join a rapidly-growing startup on our mission to translate novel genetic insights into lifesaving medicines. We are integrating human genetics and functional genomics to decode the mysteries of genetic modifiers, leading us to new medicines we’ll develop for a range of severe diseases.
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated senior-level Software Engineer to help lead in the development of our genetic discovery platform. The successful candidate will join a team of computational biologists, systems architects and automation engineers to mobilize genetics and functional genomics data towards the discovery of new therapeutic targets and drugs.
Your Role in Navigating The Maze:
- You will help design and build the software development ecosystem for the company.
- You will work with Data Science, Human Genetics, Research Biology and Drug Development groups to implement production-quality, cutting-edge analytical methods
- You will design, deploy and maintain robust tools for data management, analysis and communication.
- You will lead the building of production-quality, scalable bioinformatics and genomics pipelines.
- You will build and maintain relationships with the vendors, consultants and contractors who will help with software development and maintenance.
- You will communicate complex software and data concepts and results to both internal and external audiences, and will contribute to open-source and collaborative projects.
Your Navigation Tools:
- Advanced degree (or equivalent experience) in computer science, software engineering, data science or other scientific field that has relevance to high-dimensional biological data (e.g., genetics, genomics, imaging).
- Extensive experience in the use of a high-level programming language (particularly Python, R/Bioconductor or C/C++).
- Experience applying best practices for devops; expertise in continuous integration/continuous deployment; building and deploying Docker and familiarity with Kubernetes; certification in (or equivalent experience with) AWS cloud services.
- Familiarity with Illumina sequencing technologies (including alignment, variant calling and annotation methods) or other high-dimensional biological data.
- A demonstrated ability to understand engineering needs from multiple functions and an eagerness to work in a fast-paced, highly matrixed environment; experience working and communicating with scientific teams; strong communication, data presentation and visualization skills.
- A detail-oriented approach to projects, experience with troubleshooting and optimizing software systems and a demonstrated drive to raise the bar with every project
- Some experience with data science, statistical modeling, and machine learning preferred.
If you’re ready to Enter The Maze, send your resume.