We Are Genetic Navigators bringing together passionate, creative and dedicated professionals to join a rapidly-growing startup on our mission to translate novel genetic insights into lifesaving medicines. We are integrating human genetics and functional genomics to decode the mysteries of genetic modifiers, leading us to new medicines we’ll develop for a range of severe diseases.
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated senior-level engineer to join us and contribute towards accelerating the drug discovery process by deploying cutting edge automation platforms. As we continue to bring more programs and processes online, the individual will play a key role in building out the automation group and infrastructure to support the growth.
Your Role in Navigating The Maze:
- You will be working closely with scientists to automate process to improve efficiency and throughput.
- You will be responsible for deploying walk-up systems and fully integrated automated platforms comprising plate handling robots, liquid handlers, plate readers, storage devices, etc. to support discovery workflows.
- As new processes come online, you will be responsible for working with scientists to transfer them to the automated platforms and train users to operate them.
- You will be participating in the design and layout of the automated instrumentation lab as we start looking at a new facility.
- You will be responsible for the maintenance and troubleshooting of instrumentation and coordinating with the vendors to ensure that the downtime is minimal.
- You will be developing software tools that interface between instruments and informatics platforms to ensure seamless transfer to data.
- You will be documenting requirements, evaluating options, writing specifications, and coordinating with vendors to bring online new platforms that support research.
Your Navigation Tools:
- BS or MS in a scientific or engineering discipline with at least 7 years of experience in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical setting.
- Hands-on experience with deploying and configuring automated systems, teaching robotic plate handlers, and scripting and validating liquid handlers.
- Device driver development and programming experience in C++, Python, .NET or something similar.
- Experience with optics platforms like microscopes, automated imagers and detectors.
- Experience using scheduling and integration platforms like VWorks, GBG, or Overlord.
- Experience designing custom parts using CAD tools like SolidWorks.
- Experience managing vendor relationship including contract negotiation is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
If you’re ready to Enter The Maze, send your resume.
Maze Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.